Danielsen Westhoff, PC

Experienced Family
Law Attorneys In Your Corner Fighting For Your Interests

How to locate a missing noncustodial parent

In Colorado and across the United States, failure to pay child support becomes an issue when it is difficult to find the supporting parent. It is important to ascertain the noncustodial parent's physical address, and locating the noncustodial parent involves research via various documents. Providing information to the county Child Support Enforcement Unit can help locate a missing parent. For instance, CSEU employees will want to know the noncustodial parent's first, middle and last name and all previous names.

Locating the noncustodial parent is often in the best interests of the child. Other useful information needed because of delinquent payments includes the noncustodial parent's previous physical address, landline phone number and cellphone number. Custodial parents should provide the other parent's residential phone number and a work-related phone number if known. Finding a missing parent is easier if the custodial parent provides the noncustodial parent's Social Security number.

If the custodial parent does not know the noncustodial parent's Social Security number, it is possible to find the number on a paycheck stub, credit card application, hospital record or income tax return. It is also helpful to know the noncustodial parent's birth date plus the name of the city, county and state in which the individual was born. In a difficult child support dispute, the mother's maiden name and the father's full name provide useful information. In addition, it is helpful to provide a recent photograph.

Information pertaining to the noncustodial parent's checking account or investment account is also beneficial. Another way to find information is via an insurance policy. In any type of issue regarding child support, the custodial parent may wish to consult with a family law attorney. Discussing the issue with a lawyer may result in a satisfactory solution to the problem.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information

Schedule A Meeting Today

When faced with divorce or a child custody dispute, you may feel paralyzed as you grieve the loss of a relationship. But you need to take action. Once we take over the legal issues, you will be able to move toward a new normal.

To schedule a free initial appointment with one of our skilled lawyers, please call 720-739-1770. Sending us an online message is another easy way to get started.

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Email Us For A Response

Broomfield Office
10901 W. 120th Avenue
Suite 120
Broomfield, CO 80021

Phone: 720-739-1770
Fax: 720-739-1765
Map & Directions

Denver Office
50 S. Steele Street
Suite 250
Denver, CO 80209

Phone: 720-739-1770
Fax: 720-739-1765
Map & Directions

Golden Office
14143 Denver West Parkway
Suite 100
Golden, CO 80401

Phone: 720-739-1770
Fax: 720-739-1765
Map & Directions

By appointment only By appointment only